It is possible that the explosion in the apartment building in Khirdalan was caused by a gas leak.
“Report” Ruslan Aliyev, General Director of “Azerigas” Production Union of the State Oil Company of Azerbaijan (SOCAR), said.
“According to preliminary information, two of those injured during the explosion in the apartment building in Khirdalan were repairmen who were doing repairs in the apartment. But this is a possibility. Full details will be available after the investigations are completed. That’s why we don’t have substantial information yet,” R. Aliyev emphasized.
He noted that the supply of natural gas to the building was completely stopped. “Azerigas” Production Union will also be involved in the process. After that, the public will be fully informed.”
According to R. Aliyev, it is possible that the incident occurred due to a gas leak: “It is possible that the incident occurred due to a gas leak. Because the resident was not in the apartment when the repair work was going on. There were masters in the house. According to the information provided by neighbors and craftsmen, this possibility (gas leak-ed) is possible. “Azerigas” Production Union was not given any information regarding the repair of the apartment to stop the supply of gas. No application was received.”
R. Aliyev noted that if there is additional news, “Azerigas” Production Union will inform the public about it.